I purchased a custom domain through Blueprint. How do I add it to my Blueprint wedding website?
Once you purchase your Blueprint domain, you will need to return to your wedding website to update your URL to your custom domain. You can update it by following these steps:
- Return to the 'Edit Website' page & click ‘Yes’ in the “Did you buy a domain?” pop-up.
- List your purchased domain under ‘Step 1’.
- Return to the Domain Store and go to the 'My Products' page.
- Click on the 'Set Up' button next to your purchased domain, then on 'Domain Settings'.
- You need to edit the 'Value' for the Type: A, Name: @ record. Copy & paste the 'Value' from "Step 2" on the 'Edit Website' page.
- Next, you'll need to add a new record to your 'Domain Settings'. Copy & paste the 'Record Type', 'Host' and 'Value' from Step 3.
- Return to 'Edit Website' page and click 'Save'. You should now see your custom domain listed under 'Website Settings' with the status.
- If the custom domain was set up correctly, it should show the status as 'Connected'.