I purchased a custom domain through Blueprint. How do I add it to my Blueprint wedding website?
Once you purchase your Blueprint domain, you will need to return to your wedding website to update your URL to your custom domain. You can update it by following these steps:
- Return to the 'Edit Website' page & click ‘Yes’ in the “Did you buy a domain?” pop-up.
- List your purchased domain under ‘Step 1’.
- Return to the Domain Store and go to the 'All Domains' under the 'Domain' menu.
- Click on your domain name to view its setting page.
- Scroll down to the 'Additional Settings' section and click 'Manage DNS'.
- You need to edit the 'Value' for the Type: A, Name: @ record. Copy & paste the 'Value' from "Step 2" on the 'Edit Website' page and enter it in the 'Points To" field and save.
- Next, you'll need to add a new record to your 'Domain Settings'. Select the 'A' under "Type", enter '*' under 'Host'. Next, copy & paste the 'Value' from "Step 3" on the 'Edit Website' page and enter it in the 'Points To" field and save.
- Return to 'Edit Website' page and click 'Save'. You should now see your custom domain listed under 'Website Settings' with the status.
- If the custom domain was set up correctly, it should show the status as 'Connected'.